OMG these are DIVINE. They are Banana Coconut cupcakes. I found bananas on special for $2 a kilo at my local market, so bought up big to make these! There was 3 dozen....36 cupcakes...but by the time I got to ice them, there was only 2 dozen...that's how yummy this recipe is!
CATHY'S BANANA COCONUT CUPCAKES
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl:
2 eggs
125grams softened butter
1 cup castor sugar
1 ½ cups SR flour
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup coconut cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup mashed banana (3 ripe bananas)
I couldn't decide what kind of icing I wanted, so I did two types! Choc fudge icing (modified from the Crabapple Bakery Cupcake book) and Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese icing( modified from Martha Stewart and the Hummingbird bakery books). This was SO yummy that I may or may not have squirted some straight into my mouth...after I iced the cakes that is!
HONEY CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
should ice 12 cupcakes easily.
2 1/3 cups icing sugar
1/2 packet cream cheese (room temp)
85g butter (room temp)
honey
cinnamon
CHOC FUDGE FROSTING
4 cups icing sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
100g butter (room temp)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
a bit less than 1/2 cup milk
Beat butter till it's pale, add vanilla (I'm guessing the amount, I never measure my vanilla, I just pour it in!). Alternate adding sifted icing sugar and cocoa mixture and milk.
These were piped with a big round tip, 2A I think? Squeeze to make dots and ease off the bag as you go towards the centre, making a teardrop shape.
Somebody who can ice cupcakes this well obviously is creative and has talent! Fourth attempt at blogging indeed. Well, I am following you now, so you'd better keep it up, hear me?
ReplyDeleteYou liked my lamingtons. You know I'm doing it all again next year, and you KNOW you'll be doing it too. I decided. :)